Economy of Sochi City
There are more than 7 thousand enterprises in Sochi. Among them:
- Industrial - 384, including large and medium - 34;
- Agricultural - 49, including large and medium - 20;
- Transport and communications - 461, including large and medium - 53;
- Construction - 1 078 including large and medium - 47;
- Trading - 2125, including large and medium - 77;
- Health and social services – 212;
- Hotels and restaurants - 671, including large and medium - 53.
The number of private entrepreneurs is more than 34 thousand.
The role of Sochi as the leading health-improvement and recreational center of Russia and the Krasnodar region is determined by the state and the prospects of development of its resort and recreational industry, which is city-industry.
The city has 227 large establishments of treatment and recreation, hotels and tourist facilities, with a total capacity 65 thousand summer accommodations, including 47 thousand year-round accommodations.
Working-age population is 249 thousand or 62% of the total population.
The cost of fixed assets of the city is 57.2 billion rubles.
Fixed assets by ownership is as follows:
- 12.3 billion – federal
- 6 billion - regional
- 4.8 billion – municipal
- 9 billion - private
- 0.9 billion - foreign
- 2.0 billion - foreign mixed with the federal
By industries and activities capital assets are distributed in the following way:
- economic subjects of health and social services, culture and sports activities recreation and entertainment activities of hotels and restaurants, is presented in the main resort industry - 42,7%
- transport and communications - 17,1%
- Industry - 17%
- Agriculture - 1,6%
- Construction - 2,0%
- Trade - 0.4%
- Others - 18.0%
The basic industries of the city are trade and catering, construction, resort and tourist complex, large-scale industry.